The Hillman Group was started in 1964 as a fastener company, serving independently-owned hardware stores. During the past five decades, weve leveraged our unique ability to simplify the hardware buying experience and become the industry leader to top home improvement and local hardware retailers.
Our founder, Max W. Hillman, Sr., led the company with an emphasis on outstanding service, quality products and with an innovative spirit. Even though weve grown into a North American category leader with more than 130,000 SKUs, his values and principles continue to inspire our team.
As a result, we work, act and think like a true partner for retailers of all sizes across North America. We are proud of the support we provide and the relationships weve built with more than 26,000 companies, including Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Ace Hardware, True Value, Do-It-Best, Walmart, Canadian Tire and many more.
Who We Are
To be the leading North American provider of complete hardware solutions, delivered with industry best customer service and sales support.
- 2006 - 2008; 2010 - 2018 Deloitte Cincinnati USA 100
- 2014 & 2015 Cincinnati Business Courier Fast 55
- 2015 United Hardware Departmental Vendor of the Year - Builders
- 2015 Do It Best - Best Vendor Award
- 2015 Medical Mutual Pillar Award for Community Service
- Pillar Award for Community Service presented by Smart Business, three consecutive years
- Platinum Level Sponsor award from the National Breast Cancer Foundation